We're Open, Safer At Home, & Operational Changes
Milwaukee PC will be staying open as we fall under several of the listings in the Wisconsin Essential Business Declaration published today (March 24th, 2020). To help keep Wisconsinites health, and to comply with the “Safer at Home” order from Governor Evers, we will be implementing the following changes at all of our locations throughout Wisconsin:
Curb Side Service
We will be switching to Curb Side Drop Off and Pick Up for service/repairs.
- Customers need to call their local store to create the service order (from home or the parking lot)
- Once we have the service order created and the customer is in the parking lot, we will send out an employee to get the items. The employee will bring out a copy of the service order for the customer.
- PLEASE NOTE: Milwaukee PC will be cleaning computers/items brought in for service with a disinfecting cleaner to limit the risk of exposure both to our staff, and the risk of cross contamination from another customers’ equipment.
- Once service is completed, customer will return to the store parking lot and call the store. We will go over the service completed and discuss payment options.
- An employee will come out to get the payment, and after payment is processed, they will bring out the repaired computer and items that were dropped off, along with your receipt.
We will be promoting and encouraging that customers take advantage of our Remote Assistance option for service issues to help limit people bringing their computers into the store for service. Remote Assistance include, but not limited to:
- Basic printer issues
- Virus/malware infections
- Many other minor issues, so long as you can get on the Internet.
If you do need to come in to look at parts or a new laptop, we do ask you limit the time in the store, and we answer as many questions via phone/e-mail to limit possible exposures for both our staff and our customers. We will be limiting to 1 customer in store at a time on a case by case basis, and not for browsing.
Some of our stores may be changing their operating hours. Please call your local store to verify their current hours during this time.
Phone Calls & Phone Support
During this time, we expect an influx of phone calls which may prevent us from immediately answering every inbound call. Please have patience, and stay on the line. If you're unable to get through after an extended period of time, please leave a voicemail (or email), and we'll contact you as soon as possible.
We know this may inconvenience some customers from our normal operations, but if we all try and follow proper safety procedures, we will all get through this difficult time together!